Appliance Ruptures & Leaks
No household appliance works under tougher conditions than your water heater. Water heaters hold and transfer water continuously. When a water heater breaks down, the damage it causes to your home can be expensive.
How do water heaters fail?
- Deposits accumulate on the bottom of the tank that corrode the tank liner and heater elements
- When the corroded bottom of a tank fails without warning, the water already in the tank and the continuously fed cold-water supply create a deluge
- If not stopped, this water will continue to flow throughout your home
Signs of water heater failure include:
- Water accumulation beneath the heater
- A hissing or whistling sound
- Chronic hot water shortages during periods of normal demand